So very excited to be here at BADCamp 2018! This was day 2 and I've completed 2 full-day trainings. The first was theme development for Drupal 8 with TWIG and the second was component-based theming. While the first training was a good refresher in what I mostly knew about D8 theming, the course today was really a new avenue for me! Developing via components is quite a different way of doing theming and I really would love to try it out soon.
I'll get into each course in a future post, but something dawned on me about this site today - I really want to work on getting the theming up and running as it has been a while. And I want to really start using some best practices too. So, in the coming weeks, I'm going to transition my site over to another provider so the site may be down for a while. Not that it gets a lot of traffic, but wanted to put it out there.
Tomorrow starts the sessions and I've got a full plate lined up:
- Layout Builder
- D8 Configuration System or Component Based Theming with UI Patterns and Pattern Lab
- Module Architecture/Composer/Custom Entities/Plugins
- Configuration Workflow Automation
- Sandbox CI/CD Environments
- Feeds UI / Migrate module in D8
- Friendly Stalking with Google Analytics
- Website Refresh or Rebuild?
- Maximum PHPStorm
So, we'll see how the rest of the trip goes!